Results/Resultaten European Championship for Wind Orchestras 2018 (ECWO), 26 May – BOZAR Brussel(s)
Results European Championship for Wind Orchestras 2018 (ECWO), 26 May – BOZAR Brussels
May 26th in Brussels (Belgium) will be remembered as ‘Day of Wind Music’ for the second European Championship for Wind Orhestras, ECWO 2018. Place to be was the Henry Le Boeuf Hall in BOZAR Brussels, one of the five best concert halls in the world known for its acoustic qualities.
Nine orchestras from nine European countries competed for the European title. They performed a concert program that included a test piece (Mutations by the Belgian composer Bart Picqueur) completed with own choice pieces. An international jury consisting of Jan Van der Roost (Belgium), Annick Villanueva (France) and Mark Heron (Scotland) with the independent chairman Jan van den Eijnden (The Netherlands) had the difficult task of judging the best out of nine fantastic orchestras at top level.
Vlamo (Vlaamse Amateurmuziekorganisatie – Flemish Association of Music Bands and Musicians) organized the championship on behalf of ECWO.
Below you will find the complete results:
- Harmonie St. Michael van Thorn (The Netherlands) 97,92 %
- Lillestrøm Musikkorps (Norway) 95,92 %
- Blasorchester Siebnen (Switzerland) 95,33 %
- The Danish Concert Band (Denmark) 94,00 %
- Birmingham Symphonic Winds (United Kingdom) 89,75 %
- Uppsala Blåsarsymfoniker (Sweden) 88,33 %
- Orchestre d’Harmonie de l’électricité de Strasbourg (France) 87,38 %
- Unión Musical Villamayorense (Spain) 86,08 %
- Best soloist: Solo Clarinet of Koninklijke Harmonie Sint-Cecilia Rotem
- Best overall sectional performance: Trombones of The Danish Concert Band
- Best performance of the test piece: Harmonie St. Michael van Thorn